The 1610 Race Series is back for 2018 and kicks off with the Bridgwater Bolt 10k on Sunday 29 April 2018. Made up of four 10k races and our family 5k & 2k fun run our Race Series events are all located across Somerset and Dorset. Complete all of our 10k runs and bag yourself our new 1610 medal collection. Each medal fits pleasingly together to form an image on the reverse.
- **NEW DATE** Hestercombe Woodland Wander & Doggy Dash - Sunday 15 April 2018. No times, no pressure, this event is all about fun and is great for beginners and those running for the first time. Its also great for dog lovers as this year we are opening this event to your four legged friends who can run alongside you on a lead. There will be medals at the finsh line and tasty treats and water for the doggies. The 5k is perfect for people thinking about entering a 10k run but looking for something smaller to build their confidence . For those that prefer a slower pace, try our 2k fun run or why not walk the route. This is a great event for families and an opportunity to make the most of the peaceful woodland and lake views. BOOK HERE
- Bridgwater Bolt 10k - Sunday 29 April 2018. The Bridgwater Bolt 10k is back and will be our biggest event yet! A predominantly flat route with a nice mix of urban and country scenery. After selling out again last year we have opened bookings early and have increased the number of entries. FULL RESULTS HERE
- Chard Chaser 10k - Sunday 9 September 2018. A one lap route starting from 1610 Chard on Jarman Way and then onto country roads and rough tracks through Cuttiford’s Door and Chardleigh Green. The course profile has an undulating gradient with some challenging hills. Scenic views of the countryside and Blackdown Hills add to the attraction of this event. BOOK HERE
- **NEW** Dorchester Dash 10k - Sunday 14 October 2018 **NEW**. Brand new event for 2018. Starting and finsihing at Dorchester Sports Centre and heading out into beautiful local scenery including Hardy’s Monument. More info, route and booking page to be launched soon. BOOK HERE
- Shepton Mallet 10k - Sunday 28 October 2018. Starting and finishing at Collett Park in the centre of Shepton Mallett, leaving the park crossing Charlton Road down past the town’s famous prison and weaving through the streets before escaping onto scenic country lanes. Its a hilly but picturesque route all on tarmac - watch out for the 2 challenging hills along the way. BOOK HERE
Kindly sponsored by:
By taking part in the 1610 Race Series you are fundraising for your local 1610 leisure centre, providing sports and leisure facilities for the whole community.
Work for a local company and looking to increase your brand exposure?
We are keen to work with brands and companies who are looking to engage and support our 1610 Race Series runners, their supporters and the wider South West community. For all enquiries please contact the Events Team at email@example.com or on 01823 219001. Our packages are great value for money and can suit budgets of all shapes and sizes. Your organisation would be helping to support some fantastic events for local communities as well as benefitting from some great local exposure.
Please contact the Events Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01823 219001.