Dorchester Sports Centre
Please note the pool will be closed from 21st April from 1.30pm – 3.30pm for Thomas Hardye School Gala 1.30-3.30pm
Latest News - Dorchester Gym and Pool is now open
Dorchester Gym, pool and outdoor pitches are now open. As per the government guidance we are not able to offer indoor group exercise classes, indoor adult sport and adult swim lessons until the 17th May. However, we have a number of live classes to your living room via zoom during this period as an alternative.
We are also allowing individual members the option to book a bike in the group cycle studio for 45mins and follow your own group cycle programme. As well as setting up the prama studio into 4 separate functional spaces – which members can book a 45min slot individually follow a pre-determined workout card.
Safety Measures and Important Info
We continue to work hard to ensure we provide a safe environment for your health and fitness journey with us. We all have a role to play in keeping safe - please support us by kindly following these simple rules:
Gym and group exercise classes (when they return on 17th May)
* Gym available to PAYG customers and members. Before using the gym for the first time, you must book a Kickstart Welcome (£10) which includes your access card and a consultation where we will shown the equipment and discuss your fitness objectives. Book online or call 01305 858400.
* Max of 3 sessions/classes per person per day.
* All sessions must be pre-booked in advance via the 1610 app, online or call 01305 858400 (phone line hours below).
* Use the allocated wait zones in reception when arriving and leave promptly at the end of your session to allow for equipment to be cleaned.
* Bring your own drinks (water fountains out of use) and exercise mat (for all classes excl Group Cycle). Towels can be used in all classes (excl Prama) but not in the gym - use the paper towels provided.
* Lockers are available where safe to do so.
* Turn up ready to work out, as changing facilities and showers are out of use, unless using the toilets.
* Gym capacity = 24 bookable spaces. Class capacity will vary. 1m distancing for holistic classes and 2m for high intensity.
* Pay as you Go swimming is available. All sessions must be pre-booked in advance via the 1610 app, online or via our contact centre.
* Turn up swim-ready (changing facilities are only available upon departure ) and use the allocated wait zone in reception.
* Showers will not be available, however the cubical changing rooms will. You will have 10 minutes to leave the changing rooms following the end of your session to allow for cleaning.
* Main pool capacity = 54 / small pool capacity = 12. Both pools will be split into lanes (main pool = 3 lanes).
* Hoist is available if required, please call ahead.
* Swimming lessons recommenced on Monday 12th April
* Arrive 5 minutes before the lesson. Turn up swim ready as changing facilities only available upon departure. Please help children with goggles and hats before they enter the pool as teachers will not be able to assist.
* Wait in "swimming zone" outside until collected by a member of staff. You will enter through the swim only entrance to the lesson zone.
* Max of one parent per child to enter the building, and must remain seated within the gallery viewing area for the duration of the lesson. Spectators must wear a face covering.
* Showers will not be available, however the cubical changing rooms will. Bags and shoes to be placed in lockers.
* You will have 10 minutes to leave the changing rooms following the end of your session to allow for cleaning.
* Rising 4’s classes - one parent per child will be expected to assist the child in the water for the lesson.
On demand classes
Our studios will be closed but we can still support you with our On Demand Class app. Access an amazing range of workouts and classes on your device from your own home. Train whenever, wherever you like with a no-commitment monthly subscription of just £9.99, giving you access to a huge range of sessions. Click here for details and online sign up.
As a not for profit charitable trust, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your loyal support throughout these uncertain times.
This centre offers:
- Swimming Pool
- Fitness Studio
- Free Parking
- Dance Studio
Dorchester Sports Centre - News & Updates
1610 to reopen majority of centres on 2 December 2020Read More