Dorchester Sports Centre
Latest News - Dorchester gym, pool, classes and outdoor pitches are open
Safety Measures and Important Info
From the 19th July almost all legal Covid restrictions will be lifted, we wanted to reassure our customers of the Covid safe practices we will continue to operate with.
We continue to work hard to ensure we provide a safe environment for your health and fitness journey with us. We all have a role to play in keeping safe - please support us by kindly following these simple rules
Gym and group exercise classes
* Before using the fitness suite for the first time, you must book a Kickstart Welcome at a cost of £10. This includes your access card and a consultation where we will show you how to use the equipment and discuss your fitness objectives and goals. This can be booked online or call 01278 429119. You will not be able to access the gym until your consultation has taken place and you have been given your access card.
* Fitness suite sessions will now be 55 minute slots with a max of 3 sessions/classes per person per day. The staff will continue the enhanced cleaning after each session and would ask that Customers continue to also clean the equipment after use. If you have booked back to back sessions, you will also now be able to remain in the gym.
* All sessions must be pre-booked in advance via the 1610 app, online or call 01278 429119.
* Use the allocated wait zones when arriving and leave promptly at the end of your session to allow for equipment to be cleaned, unless you have booked back to back sessions.
* Please bring your own mat for all classes excl Group Cycle.
* Gym towels can now be used in the Gym and in Group Cycle classes but we ask that customers still use the sanitiser provided to clean
* Water stations will now open
*Amended gym and class capacities to enable safe social distancing
*Plastic shields between kit will remain in place within our gyms to enable safe social distancing
* No bags to be taken on gym floor, please use the lockers available.
* Turn up ready to work out, changing facilities and cubicle showers are available after your session.
* Face masks will now be optional when circulating the building intensity.
* Pay as you Go swimming is available. All sessions must be pre-booked in advance via the 1610 app, online or via our contact centre.
* Turn up swim-ready (changing facilities are only available upon departure ) and use the allocated wait zone in reception.
* Cubicle showers and changing rooms will now be available. You will have 10 minutes to leave the changing rooms following the end of your session to allow for cleaning.
* Hoist is available if required, please call ahead.
* Arrive 5 minutes before the lesson. Turn up swim ready as changing facilities only available upon departure. Please help children with goggles and hats before they enter the pool as teachers will not be able to assist.
* Wait in "swimming zone" outside until collected by a member of staff.
*Seating is limited throughout the lessons, and to reduce contact we ask that spectators are limited, such as one parent per child. Parents must remain seated within the gallery viewing area for the duration of the lesson. We recommend that spectators wear a face covering.
* Showers will not be available, however the cubical changing rooms will. Bags and shoes to be placed in lockers.
* You will have 10 minutes to leave the changing rooms following the end of your session to allow for cleaning.
* Rising 4’s classes - one parent per child will be expected to assist the child in the water for the lesson.
On demand classes
Our studios will be closed but we can still support you with our On Demand Class app. Access an amazing range of workouts and classes on your device from your own home. Train whenever, wherever you like with a no-commitment monthly subscription of just £9.99, giving you access to a huge range of sessions. Click here for details and online sign up.
As a not for profit charitable trust, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your loyal support throughout these uncertain times.
This centre offers:
- Swimming Pool
- Fitness Studio
- Free Parking
- Dance Studio
Dorchester Sports Centre - News & Updates
Dorchester Sports Centre backs national Drowning Prevention Week campaignRead More
26 Jul 2021 ‐ 27 Aug 2021
Fantastic Summer activities for kids at Dorchester Sports Centre!