REOPENING PLANS AT 1610 CHARD
We are delighted to open our doors again on 25 July 2020 and start welcoming you back to 1610 Chard. We have missed you. Check our opening dates below:
* 25 July 2020 - gym to open
* 1 August 2020 - group exercise classes to resume
* 8th August 2020 - Pay as you go group exercise will recommence. Book now via the website, app or by phone.
* New membership signs ups and PAYG fitness suite coming soon!
We have been working hard to ensure we provide a safe environment for you to continue your health and fitness journey with us. We all have a role to play in keeping safe - please support us by kindly following these simple rules:
* Gym sessions and classes available to existing members only. We will reopen for Pay as you Go customers soon.
* Gym sessions will be 45 minute slots. Max of 2 sessions/classes per person per day.
* Only come to the Centre if you have a booking. We are unable to accept any walk-ins at this time. All sessions must be pre-booked in advance via the 1610 app, online or via our contact centre on 03 300 58 1610.
* Opening hours are lightly different - please see below.
* Use the allocated wait zones outside when arriving and leave promptly at the end of your session to allow for equipment to be cleaned.
* Bring your own drinks as water fountains out of use.
* Bring your own mat for all sessions/classes excluding Group Cycle.
* Please no gym towels - use the paper towels provided.
* Lockers are available where safe to do so.
* Turn up ready to work out, as changing facilities and showers are out of use, unless using the toilets.
Full details of our reopening plans, safety measures and frequently asked questions can be found here. Keep an eye on this page for updates. Thank you for your support and patience.
This centre offers:
- Fitness Studio
- Free Parking
- Dance Studio
- Function Room Hire
1610 Chard - News & Updates
1610 members at leisure centres across Somerset, Devon and Dorset are being offered DNA testing as part of a bespoke health and exercise programme tailored to their personal health needs.Read More
Ilminster Goalkeeper Abbi Bond has been enjoying the best season of her career thanks to a new “goal orientated” fitness programme at 1610 Chard.Read More
1610 Chard has just held its first ever Holistic Fitness event which has proved to be a great success with all who took part.Read More
11 Oct 2020
Starting and finishing at Dorchester Sports Centre and heading out into beautiful local scenery including Maiden Castle.
25 Oct 2020
The race will start and finish at Collett Park in the centre of Shepton Mallet, leaving the park crossing Charlton Road down past the town’s famous prison and weaving through the streets before escaping onto scenic country lanes.