Make a dash for the Bridgwater Bolt 10k 2016 Sunday April 17
Keen South West endurance runners need to make a dash to register for the Bridgwater Bolt 10K which is proving so popular that organisers 1610 have had to provide extra places for runners to take part in this highly successful event. (Sunday 17 April 10am start).
So far 500 athletes have signed up for the race on Sunday April 17 and fifty more places have been added to accommodate demand.
The Bridgwater Bolt 10K is very appealing to both seasoned runners who want to achieve a fast personal best time and to novice runners as the course is mainly flat and takes in spectacular views of the Quantock Hills and the Somerset Levels.
Runners of all abilities (including walkers) are welcome at the event which is now in its fifth year and starts at 10.00am (walkers 9am) at Trinity Sports & Leisure in Bridgwater, where participants will have use of the changing rooms, showers, toilets, swimming pool and cafe.
The event is a real family affair as there is also the popular children’s 1k fun run where even the youngest members of the family can enjoy taking part along with a Bouncy Castle, soft play, family swim session and racquet sports.
- Registration - 8.15am in Trinity Sports Hall (race numbers and timing chips to be collected on race day)
- Entry fee - Affiliated & 1610 members = £12 / Unaffiliated = £14
- Start time - 10.00am (9.00am for walkers)
- Minimum age of 15 (16 on or before 31/12/16)
- Finishers medals and age group prizes
The children’s 1k fun run starts at 10.15am at the main race start line. Entry is £2pp with medal for all participants. Register in Sports Hall from 8.30am to 9.30am to collect race number. £1 from each entry will go towards1610 Charity of the Year- Mind.
The Bridgwater Bolt 10k is part of the 1610 Race Series, consisting of four 10k races, a sprint triathlon and family 5k race - which are all located across the counties of Somerset and Dorset.
The Bridgwater Bolt 10k is supported by the following sponsors:
- Refresco Gerber / Um Bongo
- Trading Standards
- Ministry of Cake
- The Crescent Clinic – (providing sports massage at finish line)
- Cosseys – providing bananas for all runners
- K’s Catering – providing mobile catering van
For further information about the Bridgwater Bolt 10k please contact Trinity Sports & Leisure 01278 429119 or 01823 410124.