Will you help us get our communities moving more this March? This isn't about celebrating one persons ability to get moving, this is about our local communities and encouraging them to get up and move and move more often. From toddlers all the way up to 90+ we are on a mission to help support people to become more physically active.
The 'Let's Move For a Better World' global campaign is delivered in support of our friendly and inspiring partners Technogym. There will be over 18 countries competing against each other to be the number 1 movers. So, let's show the world how we really move here at 1610!
Check out where your local centre is positioned in the Technogym Let's Move For A Better World UK Leaderboard.
Prizes - Win Gym Equipment for your local school
What's more if your local 1610 centre achieves a certain amount of moves then Technogym will donate a range of fitness equipment to a local school and training to the school's teaching staff. We'll also be rewarding our 'Movers' with daily spot prizes including t-shirts, water bottles, towels and free gym membership.
If we achieve:
- 3 Million Moves - If one of our centres achieve a total of 3,000,000 MOVEs we will receive a Technogym® Arke functional kit that we will of course donate to a local school
- 1 Million Moves -If one of our centres achieve a total of 1,000,000 (one million) MOVEs we will receive an active sitting ball to that we'll also be donating to a local school.
Your moves count - Help us achieve 8 Million Moves
Here at 1610 we're always up for a challenge and what better way to take on this challenge by setting a Your MOVEs can make a difference. Give your help and donate your MOVEs to combat childhood obesity.
This Global Technogym challenge is available at the following 1610 Centres:
How can you join the challenge?
It's so easy to join in and take part, and the best thing is you don't even have to be a full paying member.
1. Simply register a or sign in if you already have an existing account on one of the cardio machines within your local 1610 centre.
2. Join the 'Let's Move' Challenge on the Home Screen
3. Get moving on anyone of the cardio machines and you'll automatically start recording moves that will help us to reach the 10 Million mark.
If you're unsure about how to get started simply ask one of our friendly instructors and they'll have you moving in no time.
School or Local Business
Are you part of a local school or business. Well if the answer is yes! Then we need you! Your moves can help us make a real difference to the lives of young children within the local community. If you would like the opportunity to play an important role in helping us to achieve 10 million moves then please email the .
Stay up to date - #letsmoveforabetterworld
Follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook to stay up to date with the Let's Move for a better world news, events and competitions.
10 Classes for £20
To celebrate Let's Move For A Better World 2018 we're offering you the chance to attend 10 classes for just £20
1610 Social Wall
Share your Let's Move stories on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feeds using the #letsmoveforabetterworld
Keep an eye out for our Yellow Party events throughout march where you'll be able to celebrate your movements in a fun themed exercise class.