National Fitness Day Events
Find out below how we are celebrating this year's National Fitness Day and how you and your family can get involved.
7 Day Swim or Class Pass
To celebrate National Fitness Day on Wednesday 26th September, officially the most active day of the year, we thought we would give you the chance to get active in style with a 7 day swim or class pass.
We thought we'd go one better this year and kick it off a week early, and hopefully encouraging more people to get active throughout September with our 7 day swim or class pass, all for just £10!
That's right, try all the classes you like for just £10! Available from Monday 17th September. Simply choose your centre and buy online to get started.
To celebrate National Fitness day we've set up the 1610 Rocks challenge, simply find one of our special rocks and you'll get a £5 voucher to spend in anyone of our leisure centres. Here's what you need to do to claim your free £5 voucher:
1) Find the rock in a location (clues provided on your local centre's Facebook page)
2) Photograph a picture of you with the rock
3) Upload to Facebook using the #1610rocks
4) Re-hide the rock
5) Claim your discount in one of our centres.
The challenge starts on Monday 17th September and you'll be able to participate until Friday 28th September. Good luck!
Events across taking place at our indivdual centres
Castle Sports Centre
- Wellness Works Walk on Friday 21 September starting with coffee and cake in Reception followed by a return walk to Bishops Hull.
- Help us celebrate World Heart Day on Saturday 29 September with our Charity 2 Hour Spinathon. £5 a bike.
- Come along to our FREE Fitness Fun Day on Saturday 29th September between 10am and 1pm. Lots of free activities on offer for you and your family from fitness classes to cheerleading. All we ask in return is a donation to our charity of the year ‘British Heart Foundation.
Dorchester Sports Centre
- Hawaiian themed evening for members 28th September in aid of British Heart Foundation.
Glastonbury Leisure Centre
- Charity Spinathon led by our very own Kieran on 26th September from 6-9pm. £5 Per hour donations will go towards The British Heart Foundation! Please come along and drop in and out as you please! This won't be your regular group cycle class, cheesy hits, as well as some dancing may be involved!
King Alfreds Sports Centre
- Join our Personal Trainer Tom on the beach for our National Fitness Day Beach Workout on Saturday 22 September at 10am.
- Charity Football Tournament on Sunday 30 September in aid of BHF.
Holsworthy Leisure Centre
- Free kick boxing taster on Wednesday 26 September with Rory – 6:00-6:30pm (8-16 year olds), 6:30-7:00pm adults (16+ years). Maximum 15 per session.
- Wellness Coastal Walk from Torridge Pool on morning of Tuesday 25 September.
Please contact your local 1610 site for full details of these activities and find out how you can get involved.