National Pool Lifeguard Training Course (NPLQ) - Dorset
The National Pool Lifeguard Qualification course covers all elements of Pool Rescue Techniques, Lifeguarding Theory, First Aid and CPR. The course is physically demanding and will include swimming to set times, lifting casualties and diving to the deepest part of the swimming pool. Training and assessment for the NPLQ is in three sections and all must be successfully passed to attain the qualification.
Every candidate attending a NPLQ course must be 16-years-old at the time of taking the NPLQ final assessment and be able to:
- Jump / dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water
- Tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Climb out unaided without ladder/steps and where the pool design permits
About the assessment
Assessment for the NPLQ takes place at the end of the course. It determines your knowledge and understanding of the principles of working as a pool lifeguard and assesses your ability to apply the skills and knowledge in a work-related environment.
The assessment is split into three sections:
Practical pool assessment
- Theory Assessment for all 3 sections
- Practical First Aid & CPR assessment
- 17 – 21 February 2020, Dorchester Sports Centre, Coburg Road, Dorchester DT1 2HR
- 3-7 August 2020, Dorchester Sports Centre, Coburg Road, Dorchester DT1 2HR
The course will typically run from 9am to 5pm on each day
£199 per person.
What’s being a lifeguard like?
Lifeguards benefit from varied working hours which you can easily fit around your other commitments, working within a team and there’s also the opportunity to progress your career within the leisure industry as most leisure managers start off as Pool Lifeguards.
- Excellent starting point for a career in the leisure industry
- Opportunity for career progression, as most leisure managers start off as Pool Lifeguards
- Varied working hours
- Work within a team
- The NPLQ is recognised around the world, so potential to work and travel
- Great way for students to fund studies
- Learn essential life skills, including First Aid and CPR
How to book
To book your place please call 03 300 58 1610 or email firstname.lastname@example.org