King Alfred Sports Centre
REOPENING PLANS AT KING ALFRED SPORTS CENTRE
We are delighted to open our doors again on 1 September 2020 and start welcoming you back to King Alfred Sports Centre. We have missed you. Check our opening dates below:
* 1 September 2020 - fitness suite bookings open for members only. Hall bookings also open.
* 7 September 2020 - exercise classes open for members and Pay as You Go. Fitness suite open to Pay as You Go. Squash bookings open. Book online or via the app or by phone.
We have been working hard to ensure we provide a safe environment for you to continue your health and fitness journey with us. We all have a role to play in keeping safe - please support us by kindly following these simple rules:
* All sessions must be pre-booked in advance via the 1610 app, online or call 01278 786868.
* Gym sessions will be 45 minute slots. Max of 3 sessions/classes per person per day.
* Squash courts and hall can be booked in 45 minute slots.
* Only come to the Centre if you have a booking. We are unable to accept any walk-ins at this time.
* Opening hours are slightly different - please see below.
* Use the allocated queue zones outside when arriving and wait for a member of staff to collect you.
* Please leave promptly at the end of your session to allow for equipment to be cleaned.
* Bring your own drinks as water fountains out of use.
* Bring your own mat for all sessions/classes excluding Group Cycle.
* Please no gym towels - use the paper towels provided.
* Lockers are available where safe to do so.
* Turn up ready to work out, as changing facilities and showers are out of use, unless using the toilets.
Full details of our reopening plans, safety measures and frequently asked questions can be found here. Keep an eye on this page for updates. Thank you for your support and patience.
This centre offers:
- Fitness Studio
- Free Parking
- Dance Studio
- Sports Hall
King Alfred Sports Centre - News & Updates
Neil’s introduction to exercise has helped him lose 7kg since joining. Both he and his wife have improved their overall lifestyle and health along with Lynette trying all sorts of new exercises and cross training to help her walkingRead More
11 Oct 2020
Starting and finishing at Dorchester Sports Centre and heading out into beautiful local scenery including Maiden Castle.
25 Oct 2020
The race will start and finish at Collett Park in the centre of Shepton Mallet, leaving the park crossing Charlton Road down past the town’s famous prison and weaving through the streets before escaping onto scenic country lanes.