King Alfred Sports Centre
Latest News - King Alfred gym is now open
King Alfred gym is now open. As per the government guidance we are not able to offer indoor group exercise classes, and indoor adult sport until the 17th May.
Safety Measures and Important Info
We continue to work hard to ensure we provide a safe environment for your health and fitness journey with us. We all have a role to play in keeping safe - please support us by kindly following these simple rules
* Fitness suite sessions are available to members and PAYG customers.
* Before using the gym for the first time, you must book a Kickstart Welcome which includes your access card and a consultation to show you how to use the equipment and discuss your fitness goals. This can be booked online or call 01278 786868. The cost is £10.
* Fitness suite sessions will be 45 minute slots. Max of 3 sessions/classes per person per day.
* All sessions must be pre-booked in advance via the 1610 app, online or call 01278 786868 (check our opening hours below).
* Only come to the Centre if you have a booking. We are unable to accept any walk-ins at this time.
* Opening hours are slightly different - please see below.
* Use the allocated wait zones outside when arriving and leave promptly at the end of your session to allow for equipment to be cleaned.
* Bring a drink (water fountains out of use)
* Towels can be used in all classes when they resume but not in the gym - use the paper towels provided.
* Lockers are available where safe to do so.
* Turn up ready to work out, as changing facilities and showers are out of use, unless using the toilets.
* New membership packages are available including Get Set Gym, Annual and Fit and Active (students aged 12 yrs+).
On demand classes
Our studios will be closed but we can still support you with our On Demand Class app. Access an amazing range of workouts and classes on your device from your own home. Train whenever, wherever you like with a no-commitment monthly subscription of just £9.99, giving you access to a huge range of sessions. Click here for details and online sign up.
Please keep an eye on this page and our Facebook page for updates.
As a not for profit charitable trust, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your loyal support throughout these uncertain times and we look forward to welcoming you back again in soon. Keep safe.
This centre offers:
- Fitness Studio
- Free Parking
- Dance Studio
- Sports Hall
King Alfred Sports Centre - News & Updates
1610 to reopen majority of centres on 2 December 2020Read More
1610 launches new digital platform to deliver group exercise classes and workoutsRead More