King Alfred Sports Centre
Following the announcement on 31 October 2020 regarding a second national lockdown, we will be closing from 5 Nov to 2 Dec. We will be in touch with all customers with an update. Thank you for your support.
TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF KING ALFRED SPORTS CENTRE
Following the Government announcement on Saturday 31 October 2020 of a second national lockdown, King Alfred Sports Centre will close temporarily on Thursday 5 November until 2 December 2020. An email has been sent to all members with a full update. You can also find closure details here.
As our facilities and Contact Centre will be closed and unstaffed, we will be unable to respond to any enquiries from 5 November 2020 until we return. We will keep everyone up to date via email, our website and social media.
ON DEMAND CLASSES
Staying active has never been so important so be sure to check out our new On Demand Class app where you can access a huge range of workouts and classes on your device from your own home. There is something for all abilities and ages. Sign up between 5 and 15 November to get access for just £5.99 down from the usual price of £9.99. Click here for full details.
We would like to thank each and every one of you for your loyal support over these past 8 months and we look forward to welcoming you back again in December. Keep safe.
When we reopen
We have been working hard to ensure we provide a safe environment for you to continue your health and fitness journey with us. We all have a role to play in keeping safe - please support us by kindly following these simple rules:
* All sessions must be pre-booked in advance via the 1610 app, online or call 01278 786868 (see our phone line hours below).
* Gym sessions will be 45 minute slots. Max of 3 sessions/classes per person per day.
* Please ensure you arrive at least 10 minutes before your session as entry is restricted on the hour each hour due to the school children changing classes.
* Squash courts and hall can be booked in 45 minute slots.
* Only come to the Centre if you have a booking. We are unable to accept any walk-ins at this time.
* Opening hours are slightly different - please see below.
* Use the allocated queue zones outside when arriving and wait for a member of staff to collect you.
* Please leave promptly at the end of your session to allow for equipment to be cleaned.
* Bring your own drinks as water fountains out of use.
* Bring your own mat for all sessions/classes excluding Group Cycle.
* Towels can be used in all classes (excl Prama) but not in the gym - use the paper towels provided.
* Lockers are available where safe to do so.
* Turn up ready to work out, as changing facilities and showers are out of use, unless using the toilets.
* New membership packages are available including Get Set Gym, Annual and Fit and Active (students aged 12 yrs+).
Thank you for your support and patience.
This centre offers:
- Fitness Studio
- Free Parking
- Dance Studio
- Sports Hall
King Alfred Sports Centre - News & Updates
1610 launches new digital platform to deliver group exercise classes and workoutsRead More